12 LSA PARENTS/GUARDIANS agree to . . .
- model what you wish your child to mimic;
- provide your child adequate rest and nourishing meals regularly eaten together;
- provide regular health care visits;
- ensure your child arrives daily at school in full uniform or in clean, modest, and appropriate attire to school and events as instructed;
- be involved in your child’s EMOTIONAL, SPIRITUAL, and SOCIAL SUCCESS by:
- Providing a positive home environment;
- Believing and telling them often that they are smart and can succeed and encouraging them to complete difficult tasks;
- Allowing opportunities for social interaction with peers, outside of school time;
- Getting to know their friends and their families in order to gain insight;
- Seeking guidance from (and provide insight to) your child’s teacher or other professional on difficult issues;
- Equipping your child with the knowledge and wisdom of HOW to resolve their own problems, without DOING it for them!
* Extracted from “Helping Children Succeed in School and in Life”
Mayra Rodriguez Ed.S. School Psychologist Florida Conference Dept of Education
- participate actively in your child’s ACADEMIC PROGRESS by:
- providing a quiet area to study to ensure that unfinished work is completed,
- regulating passive activity time,
- encouraging reading and a love for learning,
- training your child on coming prepared to class, and
- ensuring regular school attendance and timely transportation;
- accompany your child to scheduled school activities, as communicated in bulletins and the official school calendar at www.livingspringsacademy.com;
- assist in developing your child’s CITIZENSHIP SKILLS by volunteering in any capacity at school, Home&School events, and your community;
- pay on time for tuition and for damaged or lost school property; and
- uphold the rules contained in this Handbook or communicated by the Teacher.