32 Admission and Enrollment REQUIREMENTS
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS - (new students)
YEARLY ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS - (all students)
NOTE: A child may not attend class until the following updated forms are on file each year.
- AGE: Children entering Kindergarten must be at least five (5) years old by September 1st of the year that they are enrolled. Likewise, children entering First Grade must be at least six (6) years old by September 1st of the year that they are enrolled. Proof of age is necessary at the time of application.
- APPLICATION: (Academic Clearance by the Principal is required before applying online.)
- Online Application
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Records Release Request form – Upon acceptance, the signed request for official records will be mailed by our school. At minimum, the Cumulative folder from the last school attended is required before an applicant is considered as an enrolled student. If applicable, the Individual Education Plan (IEP) must be included, identifying the grade level of the course(s) taken, the present level of performance (PLP), and what accommodations were used during testing and in class. It may also be necessary for new students to be evaluated to ascertain correct grade level placement for proper enrollment.
- Recommendation forms – Obtain references from 3 individuals. If applicant has an Individual Education Plan (IEP), one of the Recommendation Forms must be from an educator, identifying the grade level of course(s) taken and what accomodations were provided.
- All SDA student applications are accepted or denied by School Board action.
- All non-SDA student applications are presented to an admission team, consisting of the Principal, the church Pastor, and the School Board Chairperson. It will be necessary for parents/guardians and the new student to personally meet with this team for an interview. The admission team will then confer with the School Board for acceptance or denial of the application.
- MEDICAL FORMS - Florida state law requires ALL schools to keep updated:
(School Entry Health Exam) is required by Florida state law for each child,
upon admittance to Kindergarten or initial entrance into school in Florida.
The child’s health examination must be completed:
- within 12 months prior to enrollment in school
- by a health care provider licensed in the United States to perform physical examinations.
(Florida Certification of Immunization) for each enrolled child.
Private healthcare providers may grant a Temporary Medical Exemption documented on the
DH680 form for those who are in the process of completing any necessary immunizations.
(Religious Exemption From Immunization) is issued by a county health
department only if immunizations are in conflict with the religious tenets and practices
of the child's parent. In case an emergency for a particular disease is declared, those
children not immunized against it shall be temporarily excluded from attending school
by the School Board until such time as is specified by the county health department.
<-- Back to Admission Home.
- HEALTH INSURANCE CARD if any changes.
- PARTNERSHIP CONTRACT
- FINANCIAL CONTRACT (accompanied by Registration Fee)
Social Security Card,Records Release Request
Recommendations: 1- from Academic Teacher
2- from Pastor/Clergy
3- from friendYEARLY
ALL STUDENTS include yearly updates of:
DH3040 Health Exam,
Health Insurance Card.