38 Additional Financial Information
Due to the fact that Living Springs Academy’s tuition income falls considerably short of paying for the operation of the school, it is necessary that High Springs Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church members subsidize the school. The subsidy is paid for in (12) twelve months. Dedicated members give other offerings and gifts, as well as their time and prayers. Because of this subsidy by church members, non-High Springs SDA Church members, as well as non-SDA students, will note a seemingly
higher rate of tuition. The School Board reserves the right to adjust any or all charges.
Worthy Student Funds
from the High Springs SDA Church, or other area SDA Churches
The Worthy Student Program is available by application to families who consistently support and attend High Springs Seventh-day Adventist church and adhere to the tenets of the SDA faith. To participate in the Worthy Student Program, parents/guardians must have proven to be in need of financial help to the Financial Committee of High Springs SDA Church, with a copy to the School Treasurer.
To maintain eligibility, Worthy Students must participate in all
scheduled school activities, during school days and scheduled extracurricular activities. Unexcused absences will jeopardize continuation in the Worthy Student program. It is recommended that families receiving Worthy Student assistance volunteer at the school. Volunteers are welcomed in various capacities according to the needs of the school.
Step Up For Students (SUFS) Scholarships
are income-based scholarships awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis to eligible students. Their season for new scholarship applications is during the previous school year until funds run out.
Registration dues ARE NOT covered by the Scholarship. If an Award Letter is not received and validated by our school by AUG 1st
, the applicant then becomes responsible for monthly tuition payments until the scholarship is awarded.
There are several scholarship assistance programs, as well as local community clubs or other organizations, which you should investigate further for additional assistance.
- Tuition payments are spread over 10 equal monthly payments between August - May.
- The August tuition must be paid before admitting the student to school on Opening Day.
- From September through May, tuition is due on the 1st of each month, with a 10-day grace period.
- Checks should be made payable to LIVING SPRINGS ACADEMY.
- Payments must be handed personally to the ACADEMY TREASURER OR mailed by the 10th of each month to:
Living Springs Academy
PO Box 537
High Springs FL 32655-0537
- A charge is assessed for any returned checks.
Late Registration and Transfer Students
- Delinquent accounts will cause a breach in contract, eventually resulting in dismissal of the student from the Academy. Unanticipated financial circumstances or questions should be directed to the Academy Treasurer before the tuition is due.
- Any balance must be paid in full before the Academy’s fiscal year ends in June AND prior to registering the student for the next school year.
- Student grades, transcripts, and diplomas will not be released until the student account is current.
After the month of September, students transferring to Living Springs Academy will be charged on a pro-rated basis beginning with the first day they attend school until the end of the month. Regular tuition rates will be charged beginning the 1st
of the following month.